Author: Shumang Fredlein
Ni Hao is a complete Chinese language course for beginning students of upper primary to senior secondary schools. There are five levels in the series and each level includes the following:
- Textbook - Chinese Language Course - features daily language applied in various topics and settings; is richly illustrated with structured language that is accumulative and reinforced; includes eText—a downloadable, interactive software for revision.
- Student workbook - contains a variety of tasks and activities using all four communication skills; includes eWork—a downloadable mini-Games software for practice and homework.
- Audio CDs - includes audio of all language sections in the book and the listening comprehension sections in the workbook.
- Teacher's handbook - provides notes, activity ideas and materials such as worksheets and flashcards that can be reproduced for class use.
- Games software - is a fun and effective method for reinforcing the language learnt; consists of activities for practising character writing in the correct stroke order and games to challenge students' memory in recognising phrases and characters.
Ni Hao 5 Higher Advanced Level is the fifth and final stage in the series. It is suited to senior high school students in grade 12. Ni Hao 5 provides students with language to explain their future studies and work plans. They also learn elementary language on Chinese history, geography, culture and customs.