Author: George X Zhang, Linda M Li and Lik Suen
Chinese in Steps is a series of textbooks designed for English speakers studying Chinese as part of a university degree programme or through part-time courses. The textbooks have been developed with reference to Asset Language, Common European Framework and HSK specifications.
- Employs a combined teaching approach, integrating communicative techniques with language analysis and cultural awareness
- Teaches key language skills with a primary focus on developing students' proficiency in practical communication
- Delivers an effective opportunity to understand and master the Chinese language because it is a character based textbook
- Has a user friendly design, with simple step by step presentations of the course contents
- Includes a free audio CD to accompany the lessons
This series is the improved version of the earlier edition which has been used in a number of British higher education institutions such as the SOAS Language Centre and the European Business School London and has been very well-received.