- A brand new companion to learning Chinese.
- Carefully selected vocabulary, suited to beginner level.
- NEW: Section on core vocabulary - all the words you absolutely must know at this level, for everyday life and to help you through your exams.
- NEW: 30-page Learning and Lifestyle Kit including grammar help, verb tables, information on life and culture, a phrasefinder for use when travelling, and tips on etiquette and interaction in the foreign country.
- Easy to use, non-traditional dictionary layout with headwords in colour, takes you straight to the word you need.
- Notes on grammar and usage throughout the text, and thousands of phrases to show how language works in context.
The Oxford Beginner's Chinese Dictionary is a brand new guide to learning Chinese. Designed specifically for English-speaking adult learners who are either learning from scratch or refreshing lost language skills, it offers an easy to use dictionary, extra help with vocabulary, and essential information on living and interacting in the Chinese-speaking world.
The dictionary is exceptionally easy to use, because it moves away from the traditional dictionary layout. All main translations are preceded by an equals sign so that they are instantly identifiable, and all parts of the entry are spelt out in full, avoiding confusing jargon and abbreviations. Grammar and usage notes throughout the text warn of possible translation pitfalls, and thousands of example phrases show how the language is used in context.
The 30-page Learning and Lifestyle kit gives key information on both the Chinese language, with a list of the words you really need to know, grammar help, and verb tables, and on life in the Chinese-speaking world: background information on lifestyle and culture, tips on etiquette and interaction in the language, and a phrasefinder for use when travelling.
The Oxford Beginner's Chinese Dictionary is your essential companion to learning Chinese.